Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Happy Belated Thanksgiving & Merry Christmas from the MTC !

This past week !
Nov. 28 - Dec. 1, 2014




Dear Family & Friends

Happy Belated Thanksgiving & Merrry Christmas from the MTC!!

Love and misss all of you! I miss home and seeing the blue sky. It hasn't snowed yet and it's because of my prayers. It's actually pretty warm. Strange right? Anyways, now all I see are cloudy skies and half painted walls in my classroom, which is my home now. But, I love it because I've learned so much! I'm mentally and spiritually, maybe even emotionally exhausted! This work is a lot of work! It's so worth thought when I see the joy it brings to other. Whether they be other missionaries or investigators.

WOW! It's December already? We're singing Christmas songs in the MTC Choir. It's so fantastic! I really hope your Thanksgiving was as great as mine! If you are a member of the church I have 5 words that will blow you rmind and leave you jealous. I hope. 
TWO APOSTLES IN ONE WEEK!!!!! (can't beat that, huh?) 
Last Tuesday Devotional we had Elder Dallin H. Oaks came and talked to us!! Then on Thanksgiving Day Elder David A. Bednar came and spoke to us! It was incredible!!!! Then last night, the music group Vocal Point came and sang and did our Sunday Devotional! It was crazy good! I had front row seats! My district & I we're assigned to be Devotional "Ushers" so as we were waiting in the back Vocal Point was sitting back there waiting too! The sister's and I just got there to see our Elders talking to them. We asked them what they said. Elder Clawson (our district leader) said that they went over and asked if they were ushering too and they responded that they were a Boy Band. It was hilarious! This week has been the best week ever! And I've only been here for three weeks!! Whoa!

Anyways Elder Oaks talked about being instruments in God's hands. We are here to do His 
work. We compared us as missionaries to pens. We are the pens and God is the hand. We are to be healthy so that God can first use us. Then we must be filled ink, which is the knowledge and testimony that we've gained from our Father. There has to be enough for God to write His word. We do not write God's work. He writes His own message through us. And lastly, we are to only do His will and His work in His time. We do not decide to stop working or that we're too tired. We cannot take this work lightly. We as missionaries and members are responsible and accountable for what we do with our knowledge and our testimony. If it is just being wasted on things that DO NOT pertain to God and His work then what is our purpose?
OUR PURPOSE is invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through Faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, Baptism, Repentance, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. Our purpose is to bring happiness and joy to those that don't have it in this life and probably in the life to come. Our responsibility is to serve our Lord like is has blessed us. With diligence never failing. Then we shall be blessed in this life and in the life to come. 

Now, Elder Bednar's talk was a little different and I LOOOOVED IT! It was incredible! He literally blew my mind! I'm still in shock about what he taught us that morning! So, David A. Bednar made our Devotional a Q&A (Question&Answer) He had passed out hundreds of cellphones to all the missionaries and if we had a question then we could text him and it would show up on his ipad. He's brilliant. Then on the stand he slow began answering the more profound questions. The phone came to me and all I thought was"Wow, I haven't had a phone in my hands for three weeks now." lol Of course thats all I can think when a n apostle of the Lord comes and has all the answers for my prayers. LOL Anyways it was amazing! And so many people had such good questions: Here are some!
  • Why did God will Adam & Eve contradicting commandments? WHOA, right?
  • What is the best way to keep your faith while facing trials?
  • Did Christ really have a choice not to atone for the sins of the world?
  • When are we truly cleansed from sin?
  • How can I be a PMG Missionary even after my mission?
  • Sister's and the Priesthood?
  • The Book of Mormon: Evidence that Joseph Smith really translated it?
Such great questions! Though these questions are very specific Elder Bednar answered some of my questions in my heart about the gospel.

I'll just share one that I'm really impressed to share with all of you. It was 'What is the best way to keep your faith while facing trials?' I think this one was on every missionaries mind there. Elder Bednar began sharing this scripture.
And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith.
I've always loved this scripture. It says that not till after your trial and your faith shall you receive a testimony or those things. Faith is a principle for action and power. We must first act to gain faith. The Atonement gives us the agency, through our agency we will inevitable face trials, and only through trials will we gain faith in Christ and His Atonement. There's a cycle if you missed it. We cannot continue with faith we will not face our trials head on. We must act in our faith. Then we shall be given the blessings and witness of our God. Are you willing to act and do when you are faced with trials and challenges? If you are then have faith and and you will receive your witness and still have your faith but only stronger.

Love you all! I'm out of time!! 

Sincerely, Sister Komatsu

No comments:

Post a Comment