Tuesday, December 16, 2014


Dear Family & Friends,

It's almost Christmas!! 
It's a wonderful feeling!! It snowed yesterday in Provo but today it's nice and sunny! It's so weird! I love it though because I can't take the snow and the cold.
Today, everyone in our dormitory had to move out because they are building more Sister dorms for the MTC. We moved to the older dorms. So, it has been a long day already. 
This week was full of the Christmas Spirit. It really feels like Christmas here at the Missionary Training Center. I'm so grateful for the Church and all they do for us missionaries. There are Christmas lights, decorations, and we've been having Devotionals about Christ and Christmas. It's wonderful! Everyone here is so happy because of it!

This week has been all about Christ. We have Sunday Night Devotional and Tuesday Devotional. So, there are a lot of influential speakers that come to counsel us. It is always soo great! We're all so excited to see who comes this Christmas Devotional! I have my dibbs on Uchtdorf lol. Probably not though! Anyways, This week was all about Christ. At Christmas time there are many ways to celebrate Christ. There is the celebration of the birth of Christ, there is the Silent Night Christmas, and the remembrance of the Adult Christ. I think I've always celebrated the baby Jesus with the Nativity and the peaceful feeling of the Silent Night Christmas but I don't think I've ever celebrated the Adult Christ. This celebration or remembrance is about Christ's earthly ministry, His Atonement, and His Resurrection. Being here at the MTC has given me that chance to celebrate the goodness and love Christ gave to this world. I've never felt as close to my Savior ever before. Though I've never seen or touched Christ I know in my heart what He did for us is true. I believe Christ lives and loves me. I know that Christ stands at the Head of this Church. This church is the joy in my life. I cannot thank Him enough. I am here on my mission to give a little piece of that thanks to Him.

I ask and challenge you all this Christmas season to celebrate Jesus Christ as what we truly remember Him as; the Savior and Redeemer of the world. In your own homes follow the example of Christ.
  • Just like He did give service to all. He healed people. He cared for them. He forgave. He loved and cherished all while his short time on this earth. He only lived till His 30's and did more for others than we'll ever do in our lifetime.
  • Sacrifice your time to those you love. Yes, it is hard but being with the people you love will make all the difference. Christ atoned for our sins and sacrificed His life so that we could have joy in this life and in the life to come. Life is fragile and short - We should not waste it on meaningless things- like hours of gift shopping. Cherish the people around you and ultimate sacrifices like Christ did.
  • AND LASTLY, Share the Gift!! This video is the purpose this Christmas. The greatest gift we can ever receive and give to another. The Gift is Christ, the knowledge of Him, and Heavenly Father's plan for all of us! Share the greatest gift this Christmas! I promise that if you open your mouth and do this God will bless you, the giver, and that person, the receiver this Christmas season.
Love you all,

I believe in Christ. He lives and continues to heal our souls. He heals mine everyday. He's there watching over every one of us. I cannot and will not deny it because I know Him to be the Son of God and Savior of the world. His love is everlasting, steadfast, and strong.


Sincerely, Sister Komatsu ( Xiao Song JieMei)

No comments:

Post a Comment