Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Dear Family & Friends,
I've been here for four week already?? WHOA. I don't know how I feel about that. That kind of scares me. In our "Zone" there are only four districts and two districts are leaving next week. So we'll be the oldest district in our zone! What? That means we'll have all the responsibility! LOL, So probably by next next week my companions & I will be sister training leaders and our Elders are the new Zone leaders. And plus we're getting a whole new district soon! This is crazy.  Most of the missionaries that are leaving are going to Taiwan, Taipei, Australia, England, and Singapore. My companion Sister Haaupt & I are going to Taiwan, Taipei. Sister Giang and Elder Nelson are going to Australia. Two Elders in my district are going to Taiwan, Taipei too. But the other one is going to the Netherlands - Dutch and Mandarin speaking. So cool. Anyways we're freaking out because in about 5 weeks we'll leave and teach real people the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It's scary to think about it.

Last week Wednesday my district & I got to HOST New Missionaries that were coming in! There were 500 NEW MISSIONARIES that came in that day! It was the best but kind of sad as missionaries & their families had to depart. I love how missionaries have a big enough faith to leave their lives behind to serve the Lord because He has asked. In D&C 18:28 says "Asked if they desire to take upon them my name with full purpose of heart, they are called to go into all the world to preach my gospel unto every creature."
All missionaries here have big hearts and their all turned to our Father in Heaven. It's so encouraging and wonderful!

My companions & I have four investigators that we teach now! It's crazy but it's wonderful! I need the practice! It's so difficult to express myself in the Zhongwen language but I'm trying. Every Saturday we have TRC, which is when we get a chance to teach members of the Church in Chinese. This past saturday we taught two lessons it was amazing! And it's all Chinese speakers that live here in Utah. It was so spiritual and uplifting. My companion who knows a lot more Chinese says that Sister Haaput & I are improving in our Chinese (Zhongwen), which is awesome to hear. It is almost our half way mark which means I've got to step it up and study like I've never studied before. I know the Lord will bless me and help with the language and learn what I need to learn specifically for Taiwan. 

I trust in the Lord with all my heart that I don't doubt about my ability to serve Him. Family & friends I challenge and invite you to come closer unto Our Heavenly Father because He anxiously wants to pour out blessings upon you. You need to be willing to express gratitude for all you have and be willing to ask for things you stand in need of in FAITH (xinxin). You must have faith that the Lord will bless you. In the book Jesus the Christ it speaks of Christ healing a young boy who has a demonic spirit within him. The boy's Father brings him unto Christ and asks him to rebuke the spirit. Christ asks the father if He believes if He can heal him. If not then how will his son really be healed. The man realizes that his son cannot be healed solely by Christ but by his willingness to believe. He says to Christ to help him in his unbelief. Christ heals the boy. During our trials and challenges we can turn to Christ  but it does not all depend on Him - but on us. Do we believe that God, our Father, can truly fix our problems? OR do we wait it out and hopefully God will step in? We need to thank God for all we have and then we are trusting and faithful in Him then we have to right to ask for His help. And so when we knock He will open the door. Hold close to your faith and do nothing but put trust in Him. For He is the Almighty and all knowing! 

I love you all. Just a few minutes ago my district leader notifies me that I have letters and packages. I don't know who they're from yet but THANK YOU THANK YOU! I looooove you all.

Heres my testimony in pinyin :) Maybe I'll have Character later. In the next few weeks. And maybe my grammar will be better.

Wo zhidao Yesu Jidu ai mei yige ren. Ta fuxing Tada fuyin souyi women keiyi kefu womende tiaozhen. 
Wo zhidao YeSu SiMi kan Tianfu he YeSu JiDu. Touguo Shengling women keyi gandao pingan he zhidao zhege jiaohui shi zhenshi de.
Wo zhidao Shen yao bangzhu women, souyi Ta yao women zhidao Tade zhiyi.
Wo xiangxi zhege jiaodao hui bangzhu mei yige ren yinwen Shen you jihua.
Wo ganxie wei chuanjiao de jihui he xuexie de jihui.
Shen ai nimen. Wo ai nimen. Xiexie ni!

Fung YeSu JiDu de ming. Amen.
Sincerely, JieMei Komatsu

P.S. Heres a picture of the all the JieMeimen in our district that are leaving & a picture of me walking down from the Temple. 
Other pictures I've sent are of the beautiful snow-less Provo, Utah all sunny & green. Then christmas lights they put up @ the MTC, and much more!
LOVE YOU!!

1 comment:

  1. So proud of you. You're doing so well. Time is moving fast. Hastening the work of salvation is real. Uncle Lindsey and I are doing a lot of missionary work too. The blessings that come from missionary work and how great shall be your joy if you bring but one soul unto me is so exciting. Keep up the good work and watch the fruits of your labor increase. I love you and the choice you made to be a part of the Lord's army to save souls. Love Aunty Roxane

    ReplyDelete