Saturday, January 31, 2015

BOSTON ! 3 Months

Dear Family & Friends!
I can't believe it's 3 months since I went into the MTC. I was there for so long.
And I can't believe I'm here in BOSTON! It's a wonderful experience that I'm having here in the MBM (Massachusetts Boston Mission). So many things have happened this past week. I'll just summarize a little!
Last week Monday:
It was our P-Day! That was a great day! We studied in the morning. Went groceries shopping. I went to Target and bought some winter stuff. Emailed our family and friends. Played sports. And had dinner at a members house. It was a great day!! 

We do a lot of traveling by bus which was hard for me at first. But know I kind of like it. It's great for personal contact. We get to talk to a lot of people about our Church. There are a lot of people here in Boston that know a lot about the Church and already have their opposition. Its hard but there are a lot of nice people here in Boston!

I honesty don't remembered what happened last week. We don't have a ton of investigators so we've been doing a lot of organizing and scheduling appointments instead of actually teaching people. :) Don't worry though because we'll have a ton of new investigators soon!

 I've already made some great friends! My district is amazing. There are 4 companionship's in my district. Me & Sister Moss and another Sister companionship and two more Elder companionship. They are great. The four Elders are actually Mandarin speaking Elders. They're awesome! Heavenly Father has truly blessed me with people that I can converse with in Mandarin. He is very mindful of all of us. Now, these four Elders are assigned in the Chinese Branch in our Stake. & I'm in two YSA Wards. The beginning of last week the Ward Leader from the Chinese Branch had called me and asked me to speak in their Sacrament meeting! I accepted and this past sunday I was able to give a talk about 'Hope, Faith, and Healing through the Gospel' in Chinese! It was hard but I made it! LOL, it was a wonderful experience and I am so grateful for that opportunity. ( I truly believe that the Lord is prepping me and everyone else that got reassigned for Taiwan. I believe we are being prepped to take what we learn here in the United States and take is over to the Taiwan Mission to better be effective as missionaries there!)
There was a storm that hit us!! IT was crazy! The whole mission was "red-dotted" which means that missionaries were not allowed to go outside. It was a great day! We woke up to a bunch of snow! It really was 3 feet!! We waited for the afternoon and went out to jump in the snow! It was so high! There is a picture of me sitting on the pile of snow that is covering the bus stop bench. It was awesome! The snow was so fluffy and high that we couldn't help ourselves but play! LOL, it wasn't as bad as our Mission President thought it was going to be. But we survived! It was a nice to stay in and relax for a bit. I think it helped us all to relieve our stress!

Also, on Sunday there was a Baptism. Sister Moss & I live with two other Sister Missionaries. They are so sweet and both are from Brazil. Their investigator was baptized on Sunday. It was the most amazing baptism I've ever been to. The Spirit was so strong and you could just tell that this 18 year old girl loves the gospel with all her heart. She was so excited to be baptized and be apart of the Church. It was an amazing feeling. She knows that God and Jesus Christ lives and loves her. It really strengthened my testimony. This gospel is so true and I through that young girl I was able to see the joy this gospel can bring to people lives.

I'm so sorry my emails are always long. Just let me know if they're too long and I'll start to cut them down!! 
Love you all!
Here's the sweetest story from Orson F. Whitney. I love this story about the dream he had. This is a powerful story and a sacred one but I am sharing it with all of you because it has changed my perceptive on the Savior and His Atonement. I love you all! I pray for you always!
Love you lots, Sister Komatsu

As a young missionary, Elder Orson F. Whitney (1855–1931), who later served in the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, had a dream so powerful that it changed his life forever. He later wrote:
“One night I dreamed … that I was in the Garden of Gethsemane, a witness of the Savior’s agony. … I stood behind a tree in the foreground. … Jesus, with Peter, James, and John, came through a little wicket gate at my right. Leaving the three Apostles there, after telling them to kneel and pray, He passed over to the other side, where He also knelt and prayed … : ‘Oh my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me; nevertheless not as I will but as Thou wilt.’
“As He prayed the tears streamed down His face, which was [turned] toward me. I was so moved at the sight that I wept also, out of pure sympathy with His great sorrow. My whole heart went out to Him. I loved Him with all my soul and longed to be with Him as I longed for nothing else.
“Presently He arose and walked to where those Apostles were kneeling—fast asleep! He shook them gently, awoke them, and in a tone of tender reproach, untinctured by the least show of anger or scolding, asked them if they could not watch with Him one hour. …
“Returning to His place, He prayed again and then went back and found them again sleeping. Again He awoke them, admonished them, and returned and prayed as before. Three times this happened, until I was perfectly familiar with His appearance—face, form, and movements. He was of noble stature and of majestic mien … the very God that He was and is, yet as meek and lowly as a little child.
“All at once the circumstance seemed to change. … Instead of before, it was after the Crucifixion, and the Savior, with those three Apostles, now stood together in a group at my left. They were about to depart and ascend into heaven. I could endure it no longer. I ran from behind the tree, fell at His feet, clasped Him around the knees, and begged Him to take me with Him.
“I shall never forget the kind and gentle manner in which He stooped and raised me up and embraced me. It was so vivid, so real that I felt the very warmth of His bosom against which I rested. Then He said: ‘No, my son; these have finished their work, and they may go with me; but you must stay and finish yours.’ Still I clung to Him. Gazing up into His face—for He was taller than I—I besought Him most earnestly: ‘Well, promise me that I will come to You at the last.’ He smiled sweetly and tenderly and replied: ‘That will depend entirely upon yourself.’ I awoke with a sob in my throat, and it was morning.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment