Sunday, June 7, 2015

More...From Kelsie in Taiwan !








Dear Family & Friends!!

This weekend was an amazing weekend! Clare was Baptized and Confirmed!! YAY! We were so happy for her :)

This Saturday, Clare was able to be baptized by our District leader, Elder Casper. It was a special moment for both Sister Akita and I. I never thought it would be true - that I would assist someone in making the biggest decision of their eternal life! This girl has truly been a blessing in my time here in Taiwan. I will never forget what she taught me!
Her testimony is one of the sweetest and self-less testimony's I've have every heard. She is so charitable and loving towards others that she expressed that she is excited to bear another's burdens - to mourn with others and comfort others.

"...to be called His people, and are willing to bear one another's burdens, that they may be light; Yea, and are willing to mourn with those that mourn; yea, and comfort those that stand in need of comfort, and to stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places that ue may be in, even until death, that ye may be redeemed of God, and be numbered with those of the first resurrection, that ye may have eternal life." Mosiah 18:8-9

Then this Sunday she was blessed and given the Holy Spirit to be with her always. She just had a big smile on her face the whole sunday afternoon! She then said the closing prayer at the end of our Relief Society meeting- I had no idea what she said but I felt every word of it. She was praying with so much confidence and with a burning fire within her. I expressed to her that, thats what I was seeing in her and she replied that was the way she was feeling.

During the baptism I thought about how she was ours and how we helped her from the beginning to end - but then a humble thought came to my mind - she is her own, she did it all on her own. We were just there to give her the building blocks and from there she was able to build her own relationship with God, her own testimony, and her own future. She belongs and has always belonged to our Heavenly Father. This is His work and I'm just the humble servant doing as He directs me to do.

Being a servant of the Lord is much more than going to a different country and meeting new people - it's about having Heavenly Father open your eyes to the greatness and goodness in other's potential. She was already a good person when we met her but now I've been given the opportunity to see the change that Heavenly Father and His gospel has given her. I'm very very thankful to be apart of her story! 

This has been the first gratifying experience I've had while being on my mission! I know that I'm here to also bear another's burdens. This has been my goal for awhile since being here. My Chinese is horrible and I'm not a very good teacher but I am very willing to bear another's burdens and help them work through them. I'm grateful for this opportunity to help other's change their lives and I'm indebted to God for changing my own. 
This is my email this week! Thank you again for your love and support - even if it's just reading my email!

From Taiwan to you!

Sincerely, Sister Komatsu
 
Kelsie in the Rain !

No comments:

Post a Comment